Monday 27 August 2012

8 Hours of Rain



Mumbai and Delhi are notorious for their rain.

Both get flooded when it rains for couple of hours but I never swam across with my Bullet in waist deep waters. This was the day.

It was raining cats and dogs since morning and the rain stopped at 7:00pm in the evening when I walked to the station. The 5:55pm Borivali to Churchgate (Slow) was still at platform # 2, waiting for the lines to be cleared.

I came back walking to the office and took off on my Bullet to Kherwadi via S.V Road onto Khar-road, Bandra (West), Expressway and into Shivaji Colony. 

It was water everywhere but we went smoothly and reached the entrance to Kherwadi. I left the expressway and moved towards my place when I felt the water gushing towards us. The entire road was waist deep in water.

My bullet coughed one last time and the engine went silent. I had to push her for another half kilometer to park beneath the building.

My father was right in his advice.

"Learn to swim son, it's Mumbai!"

I guess, my bullet didn't pay any heed to his advice.

Engine filled with water, great evening!!! 



You can read more about the rain here.

No comments:

Post a Comment