Wednesday 20 August 2014

Hyderabad: My First Day Of Adventure With Decathlon and Hyderabad Biryani

The train reached right at 07:30 hours to Secunderabad Railway Junction. Now let me tell you something about this place. It's on the East side of Hussain Sagar lake, which could be marked as a major landmark on the map as well as this is the separating point of the twin cities of Secunderabad and Hyderabad. Now I was to go to see an old friend Ashwini, with whom I was to stay in Hyderabad. He stays close to Gachibowli Stadium in North Hyderabad, right next to the Hyderabad-Bangalore Highway; so a ride of an hour was assured.

I caught a bus to his place and the ride begins. I must say that the AC and luxury city buses of Secunderabad-Hyderabad are amazing. They are tidy and are well connected to every corner of this twin city. I had to fall in love with the public transportation instantly; I did. Ashwini was expecting me. Hence he came to pick me up and it was a pleasant sight because I was seeing him after almost 5 years.

We went to his home, which was cozy because of his hospitality. I must admit that it's not the materialistic things that someone offers me, which makes me happy; but the emotions with which it is offered to me. And he is one of the finest people I have the privilege to know of. At his place I met another old friend Ashutosh. They both briefed me all about the city transportation, while I listened carefully.

Now they were gone for work and I quickly freshened up to get going for Decathlon Store, which is situated close to Hyderabad Airport.

Reaching Decathalon

Though I was told by Ashwini as well as the store guys to catch the City-Airport Connecting Bus, which would have costed me INR 200/- for one trip. However, adventurous me; I wanted to try the alternative route. Hence, I took a share auto to Gachibowli Flyover and then took a bus from there to Mehadipattnam. Then I caught another bus to the nearest neighborhood to the airport; which was a highway. Then a shared cab to the airport, after which an 800 meters walk to the Decathalon store. I reached the store drenched in sweat, but the moment I entered there; I was mesmerized.

It was a HUGE STORE for professional athletes and aspiring athletes. Each and every item over there was meant for some sport or other. I took a round of the store and then went into the "Runner's" section meant for men. I would have just ended up buying a cap and the running shorts, but then I met the store manager Tribhuvan Reddy, who gave me an insight into the various running products and also helped me buy the Dry-fit long socks. The bill came a whooping INR 3975/-.

Session of Supercoach Bill Pierce

One of the Decathalon store staff, Bhuvan told me about the particular session; which was to be held in Banjara Hills. Coincidentally, the venue was right beside the Marathon route. Hence, I was more excited and so Bhuvan took me on his bike to the seminar and it was a good session that I had in a long time.

Hyderabad Biryani

Post talk, Bhuvan took me to Hyderabad House at Hitech-I. That eatery is famous because many celebrities come there for good food. Indeed, I had to try it out and ordered chicken biryani for myself and he ordered mutton biryani. I must say, I couldn't finish the biryani, but the flavor was out of this world.

After the dinner, I took a bus to the nearest walking point to my friend's place and called it a fulfilling day.

No comments:

Post a Comment